Scrool Mk1 Shoot em up

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Loopable Tracks, 4 Musical Stems, 5 Event Stingers, and 43 Sound Effects.
  • Video: https://youtu.be/KgjzEEYu24s

Hi all,

I would like some feedback on my WIP shoot em up game so far (title as yet not decided).

HCT Game Screenshot 4 by Hordle2012, on Flickr

HCT Game Screenshot 3 by Hordle2012, on Flickr

The final version will have changes.

Thanks

H

• Some kind of visual feedback when the enemy ships are taking damage could definitely go a long way for this

Just a simple flashing effect or similar would suffice

• AySquirrel,

Thanks for your comments. I will do that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It feels like it might scroll to far up and down? Might cause enemies off-screen to shoot down the player.

Cool effects, especially the green arrow bullets!

• risto,

Thanks for your comments. Glad you like the effects, it's not easy creating effects that work together but the bullets are within construct 2. Interesting what you say about the scrolling, I do want things off screen to happen and surprise the player. I might change it. I will see.

H

• risto,

Made some changes and will post an update soon.

H

• Great use of effects for the various game objects, makes the game feel alive. Do you plan to post it on the arcade to try out?

• ReillyRobbie,

That's the plan. Want to get first level completed then will post for a quick play and feedback. As said earlier, have made some changes/improvements but seemed to have lost my particle effects.

just played your demo, looks good. is it all your own work?

Working on it.

H

• ReillyRobbie,

That's the plan. Want to get first level completed then will post for a quick play and feedback. As said earlier, have made some changes/improvements but seemed to have lost my particle effects.

just played your demo, looks good. is it all your own work?

Working on it.

H

Thanks! Yep it's all my own work, it is a somewhat old demo now. It was a bit of an ambitious project for me at the time. I didn't know Construct 2 events/actions very well when creating it so there are probably a ton of stuff I would go back and fix now that I am more familiar with how to maximize the software.

I will work on a better functioning 1 on 1 fighter at some point! Working on other (simpler) games now which hopefully I can share soon enough on the forums .

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)