Seeking Single Coder To Create Simple Mobile App

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:19 am

Thank you, Justin.

I'm still seeking a C2 coder for a simple app that shouldn't take any longer than a week or so to get to alpha. It's really simple. In case anyone is curious, it is a drinking game. I will reveal the mechanics to the selected developer.
B

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:49 am

hmmm you're expecting someone to take a risk by working for free, yet you're putting restrictions like 10% for first year? Many games don't catch on till many months after release, some even years...

If you really believe in your game so much, then pay upfront and you can have all the restrictions you want. Just seems really unfair the way you have it now.

This is how it should be..

small upfront payment AND 10% for first year
OR
no upfront payment AND 10% lifetime
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:14 am

If I had the ability to pay up front, I would gladly do so. Unfortunately, I do not. I am very willing to discuss terms that are NOT the 10% for the first year, however. How about 50% for the first two years and then 10% for the next three?

Additionally, if you knew how ludicrously simple the idea is, I doubt you'd see it as a risk at all. I'm just trying to get an idea off the ground, maybe put some money in the pockets of myself and a developer, and keep moving forward.

I get the sense that people really want to know what the idea is before committing. I just can't do that. I'm not asking you to trust me, but this is one of those things that if you were to know, you'd slap your head and say, "Oh yeah! Someone else would take that in a flat second if you let that out."

It would be akin to me giving away a winning lottery ticket. Well, at least a 1 in 10 chance that it's a winning lottery ticket :)
B

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:26 am

tylerregas wrote:If I had the ability to pay up front, I would gladly do so. Unfortunately, I do not. I am very willing to discuss terms that are NOT the 10% for the first year, however. How about 50% for the first two years and then 10% for the next three?

Additionally, if you knew how ludicrously simple the idea is, I doubt you'd see it as a risk at all. I'm just trying to get an idea off the ground, maybe put some money in the pockets of myself and a developer, and keep moving forward.

I get the sense that people really want to know what the idea is before committing. I just can't do that. I'm not asking you to trust me, but this is one of those things that if you were to know, you'd slap your head and say, "Oh yeah! Someone else would take that in a flat second if you let that out."

It would be akin to me giving away a winning lottery ticket. Well, at least a 1 in 10 chance that it's a winning lottery ticket :)

By the way do you have an apple developer account? Are you set up with admob and stuff, will it be a paid game (in the apple store) or a free game?
50% for the first two years seems to be a much more legit proposition however.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:34 am

I do not yet have a paid Apple developers account. The plan is to raise marketing and publishing funds via the IndieGoGo campaign based on the initial build of the game. Of course, some of that money will also go to the developer as well as production of the graphics assets to be added later (the game can work without graphics, but it will look better with them). I have no intention of inserting ads of any kind in the game. I hate that, so I'm not going to do that to other people.

The game will be paid and I'm hovering between $0.99 and $1.99. I believe either well qualify for impulse buy, and there's a bevy of other content that will be added aside from the game that will make it compelling. I and my friends are also working on a card game (real cards, not digital) that will fall into the same category as this game, so there's more potential for cross-marketing.

As for the 50% for the first two years, I just want whomever the developer is to be happy that they took a week or two out of their regular work to slap this thing together for me. I want you to feel that you are getting something out of this and be rewarded for your work. If I were a VC or had money, I'd happily pay a developer for their work, but instead I must offer other incentives.

Thanks for keeping this idea alive :) -TC
B

Post » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:03 pm

sorry 10% for 1 year?.... in my opinion, since the programmer does all the work, then just add some poor graphics and free sounds ,..... that are free on internet...they should get 35% revenue for life ... but heh... i think this thread is closed already not sure why i even post here.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Job Offers and Team Requests