Sensitive Owl

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • Dear C2 Community!

Sorry for my english.

It's with great pleasure that I announce my very first game. So far, only for Android.

First of all, I really need to congratulate the creators of the Amazing Construct 2. This guys are directly responsable of a dream that came truth. An old kid's dream of making a game, but never understood programming language. Believe me, I tried!

To unsdertand programming language, your brain must be formated in that way, It's like put a chimp play chess. It won't work. ( nothing against chimps ).

I'm an artist, everything for me must be visual, otherwise, i'm like a chimp.

Construct 2 allow me to enter a closed world for me, but I must say, was easier than I thought. Nevertheless, I'm still strugling with Variables, I still don't undertand too well. I make an appeal here to the makers, Please, make the variable understandable for a chimp like me.

About the game:

Sensitive Owl is a simple game with very hard gameplay. The reason is that I love hard games. Flappy bird stuff.

Very simple to play, very easy to learn, but quite difficult.

I hope you can try it and give your feedback.

Cheers!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitsfort.sensitiveowl

• Backgrounds are great!

But because of them Owl looks very simple. I understand that it's some kind of Limbo style but lacking of details make Owl boring, Mb adding second color can fix this problem.

• Nice work my friend! : -)

• hi

Very nice looking game and your English is very good.

I hope you don't mind answering some question to help out other publish their game.

1 Is this your first published game on the google play store?

2 Did you intel XDK, cocoon and what were your challenges?

3 Did you work alone?

4 Did you make the artwork and produce your own sounds.

5 Any resources( websites, tool, book, tutorials, youtube channels ...) you would recommend to people.

Keep making games and make your dreams come true.

I am still working on mine

• Looks good! Will you consider releasing your game for web/desktop?

• Thanks for the feedback guys!

Regardind Henry questions here it goes:

[quote:1iolwxy2]1 Is this your first published game on the google play store?

2 Did you intel XDK, cocoon and what were your challenges?

3 Did you work alone?

4 Did you make the artwork and produce your own sounds.

5 Any resources( websites, tool, book, tutorials, youtube channels ...) you would recommend to people.

1- Yes, this was the first everything. A couple o months ago I don't even knew Contruct 2 existed.

2- Yes I tried Intel XDK, but I realized that was too slow. The game was running at 30 fps or less. I found cocoon.io much much much better, I got 60 fps on galaxy s3 and onler devices. You can't go wrong with cocoon.io. Much easier to compile than intel XDK.

3- Yes, all the "programming", and part of the design. The backgrounds was a friend of mine, you can check his reel here:

I'm not a designer, I do movies for living. For a very nice designon games, you must check our mate Odiusfly. Very good taste.

4.The sounds was all from free sources. Check in google for free sounds, and thats a lot of stuff. I have the equipment to record sound, but because of my lack of time, I found easier to take some good freesounds.

5. Most of stufff I learned was here at the forum, watching tutorials over and over again. The templates of construct 2 are great to learn the basics.

Also some youtube users have a very nice videos, but I've watched mostly in portuguese.

Sidneycat, I don't intend to release it on desktop, at least for now. From the beginning my target was mobile only.

• Oh my God, it's so terribly difficult! I like it!

And my record is:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Haha, I told ya...

• very cool ! Good atmosphere !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)