Set Position Alternative

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi All,

Using these forums a lot now, trying to get the basics down

So I've managed to get this stock market style line graph sorted using a particle emitter object which is then driven by the amount of money the player has in the bank. But the problem is I'm using 'set position' to move the emitter, which works if the money changes gradually but if there is a sudden drop in money its effectively teleports (as the manual says) the object causing a major gap in the graph.

Ids there a decent alternative to 'set position' which will help adjust the speed of the emitters movement...more like a 'move to position'?

regards
B

Post » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Post a capx of what you implemented so far, your description is too vague/opened to too many implementations to be answered as it is right now.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:42 pm

How do I do that?
B

Post » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Upload your capx to www.dropbox.com in folder called "public" and post the link to your capx for download.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Gotcha! Here it is. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15490467/Bank.capx

So when you press the 'Embezzle' button the money will start to go down gradually but if you use the 'Gamble' button the money will jump up or down a bit. Thats when the gaps in the line graph become noticeable.
B

Return to How do I....?