Setting a fire rate without using dt?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hello everyone, first post and glad to be here. I've nearly completed my first game, but I've ran into an issue that I can't solve. Is there a way to set a fire rate when a button is down without using dt (or frame rate for that matter)?

My game features a slow down/pause time control which works great if my fire event is based on clicking a button, but if I set a fire rate based on dt then my fire rate slows down/pauses with the time scale for obvious reasons.

So, I'm wondering if it's possible to set a fire rate without using dt on a button down event? Can it be done? Is there an example somewhere that i could look at?

Thanks in advanced for the help!

• Workaround would be to set one object in game to use timescale 1 even when slow effect is going on, and take reload dt from object.dt

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Workaround would be to set one object in game to use timescale 1 even when slow effect is going on, and take reload dt from object.dt

Hey, that worked like a charm! Thank you very much for the help, I never considered using an object's dt.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)