Severe Rendering Error

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Problem Description

[attachment=0:2jlcnyog][/attachment:2jlcnyog]

Attach a Capx

[attachment=1:2jlcnyog][/attachment:2jlcnyog]

Description of Capx

Hopefully it shows the severe rendering error that I have been experiencing for the past year or more of releases from Construct 2. I only included this because you guys absolutely refuse to investigate issues if a related CAPX isn't included.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Open the CAPX.
    • ???
    • Profit.

Observed Result

The stuff renders stupidly as if there's some webgl effect applied to its layer when there isn't. Scrolling the editor makes it bend and warp in different ways. Sometimes scrolling the editor with other layers visible fixes it. Sometimes it's just stuck like this forever.

Expected Result

I expect things to render correctly.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: N/A
    • FireFox: N/A
    • Internet Explorer: N/A

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Service Pack 1

Construct 2 Version ID

r179, though this has been happening for a year or more of releases now and I finally got fed up with it.

• Are you sure your GPU is not blacklisted in webgl? Seems to be the case though.

• Last time I took the webGL test in Chrome after I started using Construct 2 (which I forget the link to now) it said I passed everything so I don't think so. This also happened for my friend at the time who was co-programming the game with me and he had no webGL issues either.

• Looks OK to me. No distortion shows.

Am I missing a step in order to reproduce?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't reproduce here, looks fine.

I think it's likely a graphics driver issue. Are you sure your driver is up to date?

• It sounds unlikely to me that the exact same rendering error would happen only in C2's editor due to driver errors, on two separate computers with wildly different hardware specs that both have drivers up to date. But what do I know, I don't engineer computer hardware...

I double checked the CAPX I uploaded and it only happens now in the original project this started happening in. The CAPX I stripped everything out of isn't reproducing the error for me either,

I guess since this has already been moved to closed bugs before I could give additional input and I'm fairly sure it's not my computer to blame because of the above, I guess I'll just have to deal with it and complain every time I open the project and can't get it to stop when half my tree tops are missing in other layouts because of this bug. Thanks for your time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)