Shader takes UV coordinates of spritesheet after export.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Problem Description

UV coordinates (vTex uniform) give wrong results after having more than one animation (or animation frame) after exporting.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Make 2 sprite objects in the project. Make it so one has 2 single-frame animations and the second has 1, fill them all with solid color Add the same effect with the same parameters (effect must use UV coordinates. I have used mine shader that is released on scirra store. I could send it through pm if it's needed) Export the game

Observed Result

The object with more animations is disorted and gives completely different result as it gave in preview.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

W10 with newest updates

Construct 2 Version ID

r250

Here are screenshots:

How it looks like in preview (and should after export):

How it looks like after exporting:

My assumption is that the exported project uses spritesheet's UV coordinates, and spritesheeting happens after export.

To prove it even further, here's the spritesheet the first object uses with shader applied to it.

It looks like the same "cuts" that were apparent in the previous image.

• Closing, no .capx provided so can't reproduce what you've shown. Please always follow the bug report guidelines.

• I would send it through PM, with the shader as I stated. There would be no use of .capx without the effect.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It makes it more complicated to fix bugs if you have to send anything privately. Can you reproduce it with a minimal custom shader? That would also make it easier to fix, since it is closer to a minimal repro.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)