Shaders and Light

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Hello guys,
this smth. between a question and a discussion. I searched verry long for shaders or shader tutorials for Construct but i dont find them. In my opinion light is one of the most important things for atmosphere in a game, so i try to do the best for my game i can do. So now my question/disscusion: Just write about your opinion, tutorials, tips and ideas.
I hope we can get some opinions and at the end i maybe will write a tutorial for everyone who has the same problem like my.
Thank you
Cryttexx
My Project at this time: robottory-2d-platformer-devlog_t190807

(Sorry for my english. I know it is not the best)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:59 am

Is it a 2d or 3d game? If it's a 2d one, I think that you can us the shadow caster behavior on your entities and put a light object
Go try my game Shooter Interstellar!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:22 pm

MrQuickGame wrote:Is it a 2d or 3d game? If it's a 2d one, I think that you can us the shadow caster behavior on your entities and put a light object

Thank you for your reply. I didnt thought somebody will answer here anymore. Yes i mean a 2D game but a sidescrolling. So i knew this behavior already but i thought it doesnt work on sidescrolling games like platformer, does it?
Cryttexx
My Project at this time: robottory-2d-platformer-devlog_t190807

(Sorry for my english. I know it is not the best)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:00 pm

I always check the unanswered posts :D About it, I will do test on my side and notify you if I found anything.

Me too my English is not the best :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:14 pm

I found something. I was using construct 3 but it think it does with c2

You put a light object. It will be our "sun". After you give to your object (the player for example) the shadow caster behavior. Like the real life, depending where is the sun, you will have a shadow to your character!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?