Shards - The Shattered World (RPG)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:05 am

Shards is a 2D HD RPG that is about reaction as well as action. Using a real time with pause battle system, instead of just getting hit by incoming attacks, players can evade or use them to their advantage. They can also interact with the environment and use nearby traps as weapons. These and other elements enable players to be creative in combat.

All of this happens in a somewhat Zelda-like world, with traps and such that players use their abilities to make their way past.

High resolution expressive characters help tell a humorous tale of adventure and love. The graphics above are in-game sprites.

Shards is still very early in development, but I've already got basic exploration working and the beginnings of the battle system.

This is my dream game. I've been working on the design of the idea for years - it's the game that I was planning to make before I started loot pursuit as a warm up project to learn how to make games in the first place. I'm glad I waited, because now the design is way better than it was before!

I don't want to reveal too much about it yet, but I wanted to start showing stuff. With loot pursuit I basically didn't show anything as I worked on it, and as such it has languished in obscurity. With shards, I'll be showing much more as it's developed.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:29 am

Looks great!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:36 am

Looking good at this point...
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:00 am

Cool. I'll be waiting for the updates!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:20 am

It looks fantastic like the rest of your work!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:56 am

That game sounds/looks like it'll be great, can't wait to hear more about it!
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:28 am

Thanks!

I should mention the pace of development on this game isn't going to be very fast - not only is it an RPG which requires a lot of work as it is, I have some health problems which make it so I can't work on it very much.

I'm going to try to post at least monthly updates, but there will probably more info and maybe a video of some part of it in the next couple weeks (if I can get it to a point worth recording).
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:31 am

Sounds interesting! Good luck with the project.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Sounds very nice!
Keep up the work and don't worry 'bout the time it will take you to get further into development - we can wait ;)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:15 pm

@Arima

The game looks great!
I was wondering if you removed enemy encounters? The generic run into monsters and enter battle sequence that you normally see in traditional rpg's? You also mentioned "real time", so does that mean the battle system won't be similar to loot pursuit?

Other than that good luck on the project and keep us posted. RPG's are always time consuming which is the reason why my group quit on ours. Maybe we'll work on a new one in the future.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests