Share your C2 themes

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Hey @Rco250jmx, :)

To my knowledge, there's no reasonable way to change the styles, because they are developed by Microsoft, and are hardcoded into a convoluted cross-section of DLLs and other miscellaneous system files, which are not intended to be editable. So unfortunately as far as Styles go, you really only have the options provided.

I created a visual reference sheet of all available styles (2nd image below) to make it easier to brows them.
* "Visual studio 2012 Dark" (2nd from bottom) is good for dark themes.
* "Carbon" (2nd from top) is also good for dark themes. It is not as dark as 2012 Dark, but is the only other Style with a non-white property bar background color.

First a quick reference for the 3 most important styles, those being the default style and the only two dark styles:

The 3 important styles

All Styles

As an aside since, @alspal, @Arima, @sqiddster, @Katala, and @Tetriser, discussed the usability of dark themes earlier in this thread, some of you might be interested in the Style reference sheet as well.

Also, credit to @Colludium who I think was the first to mention the " Visual studio 2012 Dark" Style in this thread.

As you can see from the chart, 2012 Dark really is the best (and almost the only) Style choice to pair with dark themes.

Hope that helps out.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:25 pm

No change the styles not possible
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:51 pm

@Fisholith - can you please post your editor and themes again ? thanks
B
S