+ Added crude parallax but is effective I think

v0.21 (20.07.2014)
Sheepi v0.21

BIG UPDATES
+ Polished the graphics some
+ Changed to widescreen
+ New scoring system
+ Balanced the difficulty a little
+ Added bee sting death sequence (rough)
+ Changed the hiscore table around

INSTRUCTIONS

KEYBOARD - Left / Right arrow keys to move left / right
TOUCHSCREEN - Press left / right sides to move left/right

BASIC PREMISE
(I'll probably do some kind of comic intro to show this...)

You play as Sheepi, the voluntary hero. Your buddies lost their woolly coats after they were bullied by the foxes.. the bees.. and even the fences! Pick up the woolly clumps to stop your buddies freezing in the winter! Each clump has to make it back to the sheep for it to count (top-right chequered sheep graphic), and you need 4 to save ONE sheep. Hit an enemy or hazard, and Sheepi will lose all the woolly clumps they collected so far (doesn't affect the number of sheep saved - which is the player's score). How many sheep can you save?? My top score is 7 :}

Still rough around the edges. Let me know your thoughts :)

BTW you can keep up with the development of Sheepi at https://www.facebook.com/sheepigame ;)
Last edited by procrastinator on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:32 pm

cool, funny and nice!
good job :P

vertical movement could be smooth (accelerating/decelerating)
restrict length of entered username to highscorelist lengh
+ an extralife object (wool? :lol: perhaps)
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:42 pm

Hey thanks for trying and taking the time to give feedback!

I thought the vertical movement was smooth enough. Will look into that thanks ;)

I have ideas for upgrades, but very simple ones, like wool (extra coat of wool) so we think alike there ;p, and some trainers / sneakers to move a little faster, and a couple more ;) After initial feedback I'll probably start on those since I'm not sure of the best way to implement..
some ideas..
Randomly spawn every 10secs or something
or a Shop thing spawns and moves much like the bee, so player has to get to it to spend their coins (which will also affect their hiscore) on these upgrades. Think Fantasy Zone for this one ;p
hrmmm :)

And yes, I haven't gotten round to restricting the hiscore name length because I'm using the standard text object for all text (for testing), but am planning to replace all with the SpriteFont object. Then I'll know what's the best max length.

What did you play it on? device? desktop? browser? Thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:29 pm

played it on pc / firefox v30.0 - runs perfect smooth
will test it on tablet tomorrow (gmt+1)
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:07 am

procrastinator wrote:Ahh nice one :)

Hi @procrastinator,

i've tested your game on my tablet.
Unfortunately it is unplayable there because the movement of the sheep woun't work exact.
Just every 3-4 touch moves the sheep so i died so often :?
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:46 am

Love It!
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:18 pm

@mercuryus ah damn, do you know the specs of your tablet? or at least how old it is?

This is the reason I kept away from mobile dev for so long ;p I got it working on my ipod but it plays just like you describe.

@SHG glad you like it :) or love it ;p I pulled an all-nighter to work on it. Mostly worked on converting my prototype spaghetti code to something readable. I should've just rewrote it hahah but added a major feature which makes it even more challenging but still in the process of smoothing that one out.

Should have a pretty much complete game (minus polishing) by Wednesday.

Thanks for checking it out guys!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:52 pm

Fun game, the funny part is when the sheep die it is censored?? :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:12 am

Glad you liked :) haha yeah I didn't feel like animating that one due to immense laziness, and lack of skills really, but I think it turned out better than any animation I could've done, and done in a fraction of the time!

I hate the fence death sequence. The idea sounded good, but in reality, it's just boring and doesn't fit in with the slight gory style of the others. I'll be changing that in the next update! Still got the bee death sequence to finish.. as you'll have noticed if you died from a bee collision, it just hovers around the player randomly. That's half done. I'm back and forth between a couple of ideas. The obvious one is to sting the player. Then player blows up like a balloon.. *pop*
B
S
G

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests