shooter problem (mirror,gun pin,angle limit)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:33 pm

so im making a shooter platformer game and i have 3 problems..
the first is: i want to make my sprite mirrored when the mouse pointer goes behind him

second: i want to limit the aiming angle /not 360\

third: every time i pin another gun that is not already pinned when the layout start it doesnt follow the mouse angle,it doesn't completely move D:

ps.in a similar topic (named Problem with Platformer aiming toward mouse angle)a user asked question similar to mine but the anwser didn't suit for my case,

if you want i can write all the event sheet here if it helps you find an answer for my problem...right now i cannot post images so that's the only way...
thanks a lot for helping me :) you guys are great ;)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:16 pm

for your first question:

system compare two values: mouse.x < player.x - player set mirrored.

else: player set not mirrored.

I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:34 pm

1+2 with mirroring the shooting angle as well:
http://666kb.com/i/cijnq0pwvv0d2pgfh.gif
in this example the weapon could only face upwards, but setting up the instance variables can change it to any range (small forward cone etc)

3: not sure without seeing the capx, workaround could be moving and rotating it with events (e.g. at each tick - set position to player (or a thing attached to him) and set angle to player.fireangle)
Visual Novel 'Engine' in 100 Events
if you ever have to choose between buying Construct 2 on scirra.com or on Steam, read this: Review
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:52 pm

thank you guys^^ ;))
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?