Should I combine Controller and Animation?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:05 pm

@MultipleChoice

Sure man, I'm happy to help. I just watched your video and definitely see what you're talking about. That's nuts. :shock: Unfortunately, it doesn't happen when I run the test_example from my system (chrome/firefox), it's silky smooth.

I'm on a:
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel i7 2.7ghz
nVidia NVS 5400M

I hope you're able to get this resolved!
P.S. If you get a chance to run it on a different system, let me know, I'll be curious to see what happens.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:34 pm

Have you tried replacing the ScrollTo behavior with a "Scroll to position" event ?

Anyhow, I too believe it's most likely a bug (and probably not on C2 end), since different systems produce inconsistent results.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:40 pm

> @Magistross : sorry, bad choice of words, it is not a behavior in construct 2-s sence ;) so yes, it is solved that way.

But it is strange, that not everyone has this problem, it seems.

> @cacotigon : oddly enough, I visited a friend with OsX and prepared the browser version below. There we tried Firefox and Safari, both producing the same issue...
Now it would be interesting now to know, if you encounter the problem here:
http://www.exitthegame.eu/test
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:44 pm

@MultipleChoice

Strange! I tried the web demo, jumping works flawlessly, no shaking. There's the "v-sync jaggy tearing" issue when moving left and right, but I think it's more related to the known Chrome/Firefox jitter issue that's been discussed in previous forum posts.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:53 pm

> @cacotigon yeah, its very strange...

I tried it on other systems aswell, I have experienced the jittering/shaking everywhere, but sometimes horizontally, when moving L/R.
Oddly, sometimes it is vertically, when jumping up & down (like in the screen capturing I recorded).

So I still think it might be related.

Anybody any idea?
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Hi,

I have the same bug but I think it depends from the resolution of your screen.

I set the Scroll To behaviour to a square which is following a rectangle on X axis.

I have two screens, one 1920x1080 and the other 1680 x 1050. The window size of my layout is 1920x1080.

I launched the game with google browser.

In the 1920x1080 screen the camera is shaking when I try to run against another solid object.

But with the other screen I have no problem. Am I doing something wrong or is it just a bug?

Maybe it can help.

Thank you.
B

Post » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:01 pm

So I come here because I have a similar problem. I tested it in 4 different browser and 5 different computer and when pixel rounding is ON the camera is shaky but only when I have a lerp, with the behavior scroll to or the event scroll to object/position: player.x, player.y it does not shake at all even with the rounding on. I even tried with Magicam plugin and it has the same problem as Lerp.

Even with Pixel rounding OFF and lerp it is still shaking a little bit when changing state (idle to run) and then stabilizes when at full speed or not moving for exemple.

The Pixel rounding is definitly affecting the scroll or platform behavior making it shaky but it can't only be that because it is still shaking a little bit with lerp (less but still). I'm going to try a few things I saw in this topic but if anyone found a solution or something I would be very grateful.

Thank you.
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?