should I post these canvas issues to the bug tracker?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • first, if you rotate a canvas, and paste an object to it, it pastes it as if it were in the unrotated position when you did it

example

is this a bug?

also, canvas doesn't have normal private variables

it doesn't force them to be initiated, so you can choose any name at any time, like a hashtable, but it doesn't seem to work anyway. it crashed when I tried it. just making sure this isn't some intentional feature I just don't know how to use before I bug track it

• Crashes are never features! They're ALWAYS bugs! Report them via the tracker please!

• I'll post it, I didn't mean the crash might be a feature

I meant the way canvas has private variables that are different from everything else

I thought that was a feature

• No, they should be the same as on any other object.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • what about the other issue, with the rotation?

• I don't think it's a bug personally, though others may disagree. It pastes the object's current texture in, not taking into account other factors like angle. I think a separate option to paste it with options would be a better idea.

• its not a bug, but it is a problem. i was about to report it before i saw this thread.

the math to fix it shouldn't be that complex, but i do feel the canvas should do it automatically, since it would be what you expect.

• I don't think it's a bug personally, though others may disagree. It pastes the object's current texture in, not taking into account other factors like angle. I think a separate option to paste it with options would be a better idea.

yeah, that would be a better idea, I think both ways could have their uses

• This would be a very intuitive feature. It's strange that when you paste an object into a rotated canvas, it pastes it without taking into account rotation. IMO the simple "canvas- paste object" should do this automatically. I don't really see the point of it not taking into account rotation. Maybe have a separate action: "canvas- paste object(no rotation)"?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)