Should I use Construct 2?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:28 pm

There are also free sprites and game art on the web, some of it is even free for commercial use.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:36 am

Well, by the sounds of it, you don't seem to be entirely experienced in all of this. In terms of making a good looking platformer or pixel game at all, Unreal is not really the way to go unless you want to put a lot more time into it and even the visual scripting is more difficult to comprehend than Construct 2's. Construct Classic has actually had my attention for a while, as I'm an experienced programmer. As for what you can do in Construct 2, it's practically unlimited. You can use 3D graphics, and to be honest you can do just about anything you could do in everything else. WebGL is just a web port of OpenGL, which is DirectX's rival, and is actually a lot easier for rendering graphics. Hell, get your hands on a programmer and they could even program in DirectX, though that would be a waste, DX is much slower and doesn't seem to have anything to beat OpenGL and WebGL. I would check out the possible things you can do with HTML5, as that's the programming language that Construct 2 uses.

But, Construct 2 includes basically everything to make a game like the one you linked, it wouldn't take long to duplicate it. The designers here just chose to make games differently, they design games mostly on what they think sounds good, which is okay of course.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:48 am

sqiddster and arima have points you could always ask if anyone has or knows of assets you can use. That said a quick google search can lead you to tons of free to use assets. Just make sure they are free for commercial use if you are going to sell your game/s. Good Luck

@WAC
Last thing, they might not interest you now but they might 6 months from now, just food for thought:)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:03 am

In the long run its better to use something that's more mature than HTML5 if you are aiming at PC, Mac and Linux and a game that has large amounts of animations. HTML5 wrappers at the moment are inconsistent.
I have machines capable of running Crysis in full settings but C2 games lag due to poor performance of WebGL effects and NodeWebkit.
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General