show graphics on a sprite from another location

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Over 1700 16x16 pixel art RPG icons for item and skills
  • hi peeps! still lurking the classic section

so i have this sort of billboard that follows the player.

i want to show different kind of graphics and visualization on this billboard object. i use particles and stuff on it, so my problem is:

for example since the billboard is moving along with the player object, particles etc fly off the billboard, when i want everything to stay inside it. its supposed to just show visuals as if it was just a screen.

i thought about making a layer with 0 scrolling and put all the possible visualization there and then just project that image into the billboard. question is, how exactly would this be possible? using canvas? ive tried but i really dont know how to achieve this. any kind of help and guidance would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: just wanted to make sure: animating the billboard is out of question because it would need an enormous amounts of animations for what i want to show in it. also i use this slowmo effect occasionally and i would have to have lots of animation frames to keep things looking smooth. im avoiding using animation frames as much as i can. to simplify, i just want to show a certain part of the layout as a continuous image on a sprite/object.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)