show the table of an array 2D or a storage

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:00 pm

Hi !

i have put some datas in a table (array, dictionary or storage) and i would like to show this table on the screen in Construct2.

For the moment, i have build a table with a lot of cells (TextBoxes) in wich i get the data, one by one. It's heavy !
Is ther a solution to do this automatiquely in a grid with all the datas of the table?
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Why do you use texboxes instead of textobject?
If you use one textobject and fill all the instances of it by UID or instance variable it should be pretty simple..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:39 pm

oups !

i am a beginner and i don't know how to use what you say about instance or instance variable.
Have you an example?

and i use textboxes to build a sort of grid with their borders.
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:54 pm

I don't know if this helps, but I made small example project where I use X and Y positions of objects to calculate corresponding X and Y indexes for a 2D array. This way I didn't need to set any instance variables manually.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzbX-wj9E7SrdXZmSk1IWEdkZFk/view?usp=sharing
Lokkim Games: Constructor Dude - Fun platformer game, PuzCro - Difficult puzzle game demo
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:56 pm

my apply (i'am teacher and it is for my classes) use a page to see all the results of my student like this:

B
S

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:04 pm

Thank's Lumik, i'll work your example to learn more...
B
S

Return to How do I....?