showing object after typing certain word

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:52 am

Hi,

I'd like to know how to do this
The player write a certain word and then an object shows up only if the written word is same as the object name
B

Post » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:59 am

create a textbox and compare the text typed, if text is the right word set object to visible?

This is pretty easy if you understand the basics of working with C2.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:02 am

Hey,

It's quite simple in fact. I made you a little example with 2 instances of the same sprite, one with the name "pink" and one with the name "green". A single event will then make the sprite flashes if the word corresponding is detected. You can then change the flash to a fade in for example, to fit your need.
Example capx
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:34 am

[QUOTE=LittleStain] create a textbox and compare the text typed, if text is the right word set object to visible?

This is pretty easy if you understand the basics of working with C2.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you
I was having problem with the events :D
but I managed to understand ~

[QUOTE=Guizmus] Hey,

It's quite simple in fact. I made you a little example with 2 instances of the same sprite, one with the name "pink" and one with the name "green". A single event will then make the sprite flashes if the word corresponding is detected. You can then change the flash to a fade in for example, to fit your need.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb73t8q0clk8gok/textPicking.capx[/QUOTE]

YOU ARE THE BEST
the example made me understand it very easily
Thank you very much !
B

Return to How do I....?