Showing the debugger in a node webkit export?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:12 pm

Is it possible to show the debugger in a node webkit export?

My project is at a point where the preview doesn't seem to be working anymore, and I have to export the game to test it out. Just wondering :oops:
B

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:41 pm

lionplex wrote:Is it possible to show the debugger in a node webkit export?

My project is at a point where the preview doesn't seem to be working anymore, and I have to export the game to test it out. Just wondering :oops:

try adding the browser plugin, and then create an action on start of layout to execute javascript, and place this into it including the quotes:
Code: Select all
"var gui = require('nw.gui');
var win = gui.Window.get();
win.showDevTools();"
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:20 pm

Dont do what Prominent suggested. The nodewebkit plugin has a show developer tools action.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:43 am

I've tried the "show dev tools" action in node webkit, but it doesn't seem to have a tab that includes the debugging data. Have I missed something or is there a tab within that dev tool window that will show the C2 debugger?
B

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:10 am

Those are the Node web-kit Developer tools not Construct 2 tools. C2 does not export the bug hunter thing. You need to make your own text object and add the debugging information with expressions. There is cpu,fps,and every object has an item count, along with other useful things.

Look up append text, newline, and expressions. A simple FPS counter would look something like this:

System.Every 60*dt Seconds |----------->|TextObject.Set text="fps" |
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?