Side Scroller animations

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:12 am

Help! I have been trying for days and cant figure out/find anything on how to do this... ok enough with the pronoun game. I am trying to make a Deadpool game and have an amazing idea but one thing is stopping me, animations, i have all the sprites and animation frames that i need, i just do not know how to add them and keep the direction, for example, if the player is running right and jumps, the jump right animation will play, or if he is standing and jumps or ducks, deadpool will jump or duck the way the the player was facing, i have shooting, punching, slicing, walking, standing, jumping, and ducking animations that i want to incorporate into my game, i just do not know how to ad them and keep deadpool facing/moving in the correct way, if this is not clear enough please ask for more specific stuff, i really need help and am really stressed out from trying to get this to work for 2 days straight. thank you in advace!
B

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:27 am

have you looked at the "mirrored action" ?

look at https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/253/ho ... e-1#tuttop
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:40 am

This is my basic sidescroller setup.

X conditions with animation names like shotgun or attack1 don't allow player to walk jump etc. if he is attacking so the attacks are not canceled.

Istance variable mirrored checks which way player is facing so the bullets go the same direction.
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:53 am

New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:08 am

It seems that the Human instructions work fine, I will try here to see how it behaves.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?