Signalling server acting up.

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue May 19, 2015 10:25 am

The Scirra signalling sever is acting weird.

current error message: [object Event]
Last edited by lennaert on Tue May 19, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 19, 2015 10:34 am

hello again lennaert :) i am wondering this also, i am developing atm and suddenly i cannot connect to signalling server, not sure if i broke some code but i think also the pong example capx is stopped working so perhaps something serverside?
We make Facebook games!

Please contact us if you want to work with us to release your game on Facebook - our team have generated millions of installs for our own C2 and Flash games, and we can do revenue-share deals with YOU, too!

https://u1stgames.com
B
S

Post » Tue May 19, 2015 10:35 am

It has been down suddenly while I was testing my multiplayer game .... my day >.<
B
S

Post » Tue May 19, 2015 10:35 am

@sidneycat wrote:hello again lennaert :) i am wondering this also, i am developing atm and suddenly i cannot connect to signalling server, not sure if i broke some code but i think also the pong example capx is stopped working so perhaps something serverside?

Nope, you did not brake anything :D

The server appears up but is giving weird responses, the error message now states: [object Event]

@Ashley
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 19, 2015 10:41 am

has anyone tried to see what is the object that is being returned? i should really log to console or something to check, but just wondering if anyone has already tried and if so if it says anything helpful :)
We make Facebook games!

Please contact us if you want to work with us to release your game on Facebook - our team have generated millions of installs for our own C2 and Flash games, and we can do revenue-share deals with YOU, too!

B
S

Post » Tue May 19, 2015 10:53 am

Same problem here. Suddenly the multiplayer game we are developing has been giving connection errors to the signalling server.

Anyone knows if this is going to being solved soon?
B
S

Post » Tue May 19, 2015 11:10 am

Message: sidneycat is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
Also, does anyone know if this has happened before, or whether Scirra has some kind of SLA for uptime for the multiplayer server? Our game is (as yours may of course be) entirely multiplayer, so if we were live, this kind of thing would be terrible. I suppose the solution, when the game is live, is to purchase and use the signalling server?
We make Facebook games!

B
S

Post » Tue May 19, 2015 11:22 am

@sidneycat

Yes this can happen more often and I do not think they have a SLA covering their uptime for the multiplayer signalling server.

Purchasing and hosting your own signalling server can improve reliability, as you could manage it any moment you want and that you would be serving only your games.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 19, 2015 11:43 am

Sorry, we had to reboot it for windows updates and it ended up being offline for a bit longer than intended. It's back up and running now.

If you are worried about downtime you can always run your own signalling server, but you'll need to reboot that for updates from time to time too.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 19, 2015 11:46 am

Thanks Ashley, it is indeed working again :)

In the past, linux required less updating :\ but its just as bad as windows these days :lol:
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General