Signalling Server

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Got this error when I try to launch the signalling server.

I tried using a different port which didn't help.

I checked if my port 443 was used by something else but it wasn't.

Only localhost is working but it's kind of useless...

Anyone has an idea ?

• Does this server have a direct connection to the internet from that IP or is it behind a router? You may have to forward port 443 and 80 from the router to the local IP (192.168.x.x) of the server so the path can be completed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Does this server have a direct connection to the internet from that IP or is it behind a router? You may have to forward port 443 and 80 from the router to the local IP (192.168.x.x) of the server so the path can be completed.

I port forwarded both 80 and 443 to 192.168.0.14 (my computer where the server is) and still get the same error.

• Paincho hmm.. Only other things i can think of is if this server has a website running on it and Apache or IIS is running and listening to those ports it will prevent node from starting the listener. If you have no other web services running the I would suggest restarting the computer if you haven't tried that to clear any old node listeners that may not have closed properly due to an improper start (I had to do this a few times). Other than that if by some chance the host specifically requires a domain name and wont work from IP (its a long shot as I don't fully understand web-sockets but know enough to be dangerous) you may need to purchase a domain name and point it to your public ip

• The error looks like "address not available", so I guess you don't have permission to run a server on that address. Check the command prompt is running with administrator permissions and that the IP address is correct.

• The error looks like "address not available", so I guess you don't have permission to run a server on that address. Check the command prompt is running with administrator permissions and that the IP address is correct.

Tried to run the server as an admin didn't change a thing.

Checked my ip several times it's still unchanged.

• Paincho hmm.. Only other things i can think of is if this server has a website running on it and Apache or IIS is running and listening to those ports it will prevent node from starting the listener. If you have no other web services running the I would suggest restarting the computer if you haven't tried that to clear any old node listeners that may not have closed properly due to an improper start (I had to do this a few times). Other than that if by some chance the host specifically requires a domain name and wont work from IP (its a long shot as I don't fully understand web-sockets but know enough to be dangerous) you may need to purchase a domain name and point it to your public ip

I have neither Apache or IIS running just double checked.

• Tried setting up the server on 192.168.0.14 and it worked like localhost. Still kind of pointless since I can't join the server but \o/

• That issue was not resolved why was it closed ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)