Signing a CocoonJS .apk file errors

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:08 am

The only thing I did differently from your tutorial is the beginning, I have kept the default directories because I had already installed.
If I put the java jdk in c :/ I do not understand where to type echo% JAVA_HOME%
Does having checked minifying can cause the problem?
Webmaster of the French community from Construct Classic and Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:39 pm

setting the JAVA HOME can be done from anywhere I think... if you go to START > RUN > and type 'cmd' you'll get a Command Prompt window from your default windows location, then you can set the JAVA HOME variable following that step. Let me see if I can go back and clarify that in the write-up.

As for 'Minify' I haven't had any issues with that. I have had various issues pop up if I use the 'Brute' method of compression. But I just make everything as compressed as possible outside of Construct to keep things light there. All minify does is make your game's code at runtime less readable by compacting variables and functions (or at least that's my understanding).
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:08 am

I have set %JAVA_HOME% in c:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.7.0_07 and echo %JAVA_HOME% which shows me the directory defined.
I started all the steps but I have the same rsultat.Je do not understand what I am doing wrong.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Hmmm, well I've run into a few issues using this method, so I'd hold off on using it as a guide. Waiting for CocoonJS to update the permissions required by compiled apps, and a few other things. Will revisit this topic when I move forward with my next round of tests.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:46 am

stevo301103

EXCELLENT TUTORIAL...!!!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:19 am

Hi, I followed the step by step and the Final 001.apk release version gets generated with no problems. But when I move the apk file to my phone and execute it, after a few seconds of progress bar, the phone says "The application didnt get installed".

Note that the same APK that gives you the cocoonjs cloud system under "debug_signed" does get installed and I could test it with no problems.

Does anyone knows something about this?.
Thanks.

Great tutorial though, I didnt have a clue with this process until I found this!!, much more helpful than the official google documentation!.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:31 pm

I'm assuming you changed the security setting that allows you to install .apks from anywhere? If it's not that it would seem maybe there was an interruption in signing the files? Go back to your original file and re-sign... sorry I can't offer too much support because it seems everybody gets there own unique set of issues :-p Let me know what you learn please if you find a solution.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:22 am

I tried several times and with different builds of cocoonJS. The debug-signed apk, works every time. But the Release-unsigned, that I sign, using your tutorial step by step. Wont install. I cant figure out what I am doing wrong. Every step of your tutorial comes out well. And after that I run a (jarsigner -verify -verbose -certs my_application.apk) and it says that it is actually signed and everything ok.
I run a (jarsigner -verify -verbose -certs my_application.apk) over the cocoonJS debug-signed apk, to see if there was any difference, and it says the same thing. So I dont know what could possibly be wrong here.

Maybe JAVA versions?.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Do you get the 'package not signed correctly error'?

If you did, grab an uninstaller app from Google Play. In my case I grabbed one called 'Super App Installer Pro' (free)where it has the word 'APP' in the icon. It's a deeper uninstaller than the regular way.

Run that and remove any copies of the app you want to install in your android then try the install again.bon4ire2012-10-20 15:27:07
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:41 am

Hello, now i have the error :
jarsigner: unable to recover key from keystore

How to avoid it?
B
S
G

PreviousNext