Silent Uninstall of Construct2

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi,

I'm a school Network Manager. I have silently installed a licensed copy of Construct2 r168 to a number of Desktops across school using Microsoft SCCM. I now want to replace that with version 216. However, even when using the /VERYSILENT command line option, I still get prompted to uninstall the old version before continuing. I have also looked for a way to silently uninstall Construct2 (so that I can run an uninstall of r168 using SCCM and then run a new install of r216) but that option doesn't seem to exist either

Can someone tell me how I can silently upgrade version r168 to r216?

Thanks,
Keith.
B

Post » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:08 pm

I'm no expert but just an idea. Can't you just uninstall it on one pc e.g. your's then install the new version then just take the files C:\Program Files\Construct 2 and then just delete the directories on the remote computers and then just place the updated C:\Program Files\Construct 2 onto those computers? If you get what I mean?
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:24 pm

C2 will run off a USB memory stick, so the suggestion from MalizaGames should work.

Might also be worth tagging @Ashley to see if there is a better option for this type of install.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:51 pm

You could try uninstalling it from all computers first (which I think can be done silently), then reinstalling (which should not prompt as it was already uninstalled). Alternatively as pointed out, the install is portable - you can install it on one machine, find some way to copy the install directory to all the machines (and probably a couple of shortcuts), and it will work on all of them. The installer just moves files around.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:11 pm

This worked for me: "C:\Program Files\Construct 2\unins000.exe" /SILENT
B

Return to Construct 2 General