Simple Jigsaw puzzle with "dynamic" images

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
An amazing and interesting puzzle game for kids!
  • so i guess the general jigsaw puzzle mechanic is pretty easy but i don't want to make all my puzzle pieces as a sprite/animation with the image already on it. that would make having a lot of different images(levels) more difficult and i would need to create a ton of sprites. also adding new images would require more work.

instead i made the different types of jigsaw pieces i need as blank (white and a little shaded at the edges) .png files with alpha.

with those pieces i made a 6x4 blank puzzle.

now is there a way to texture the blank pieces with an image and "bake" it to position so every piece keeps the right part of the images when moved?

am i thinking to complicated? is there maybe a better way to get there?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • anyone?

• Off the top of my head without attempting it, I'd probably do what you did and have seperate puzzle pieces to define the shapes, then use those pieces as a mask to show parts of the image.

The problem with this is, for a 1024x768 image for example, that if you had 10 puzzle pieces, then you'd need 10x 1024x768 images.

Without trying, it's hard to say if there's a better way as I haven't messed with masks in C2.

I guess you could create several canvas objects and paste each masked shape into those to cut down on multiple full images.

If you can't figure it out, I might have a bash tomorrow when my mind is more fresh.

• Hi AlanSmithee,

I cant send you a PM based on my reputation So I will ask here.

Did you figure this out? I'm interested to do the same.

Thanks

• no.. so far i didn't continue this idea because of this problem..

if you figure something out, let me know

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)