Simple Path Following

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Here is an example of simple path following I whipped up in about 5 minutes, made in 0.98.9 so hopefully it works the same in newer versions of Construct.

Made in response to http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5601.

Hope it helps someone (feel free to use, upgrade, and ask questions about it)

Edit: I just noticed that the way the 2nd path is placed the follower can get stuck in an endless loop around the 3rd (dark red) point , when I next find some free time I will try to make/upload a better example/system and put it up here.

Edit 2: Whoops! forgot a condition to support multiple followers, fixed now (also fixed the 'spin around the spot' problem I described before )

Edit 3: Err, yet another edit, but this is to say that it seems the cap doesn't work as expected in newest versions of construct. However, it's been tested and works in 0.98.9 and 0.99.7

• Nice one!

• Heh thanks =] Just found that I forgot a condition to allow multiple objects to follow paths at once and decided to update it so you might want to download it again...

• i still feel the need to reply to say I downloaded it, even though I'm talking to you in chat right now about the version thing with it.

• I think I've found the issue with families introduced in recent builds and fixed it for the next build. However, it reverts back to a bug where Family.Count returns the wrong count. That's less serious, but it's hard to see another way to fix that. It'll probably be left as an open bug for now.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think I've found the issue with families introduced in recent builds and fixed it for the next build. However, it reverts back to a bug where Family.Count returns the wrong count. That's less serious, but it's hard to see another way to fix that. It'll probably be left as an open bug for now.

Ah ok, thanks Ashley

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)