Simple question, can't find answer

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Simple question: how do you access objects from one layout and use them in another without copying and pasting?

Thank you!

• In object properties from layout editor you can check option "Global".

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, I tried that, but they didn't become available in the next layout.

• Do you mean to get them into the layout visually? then copy and past them.

Do you mean perform events on them in an event sheet? Tick global.

There is no way to automatically create objects in the layout editor without copy and pasting. If you have a layout with all the objects you need you can clone the layout and an exact copy of te layout will be made and you can delete what you dont need

• You could always create an event sheet with all your game code and include that in each layout. Event sheets that aren't tethered to a layout can access all objects.

• You could always create an event sheet with all your game code and include that in each layout. Event sheets that aren't tethered to a layout can access all objects.

you dont even need to include it in that layouts event sheet in the layout propertied where it says event sheet you can set the event sheet to the one that you put all your game code in.

• Ok, thanks!

Yeah, I'm not having any trouble with event sheets, just didn't know if I needed to copy and paste objects into each layout.

Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)