Simple Strategy Game Example

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:12 pm

Simple strategy game example with support for basic scrolling, unit selection, minimap, sending armies and taking over bases.

I have no idea how to get the A.I. to respond accordingly in specific situations so I'm going to have to learn the program further before I do any of that... (heck, I can't even convert the private variables from each bases to total for global variable lol)
B
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:11 pm

Interesting concept! I'm curious to see where you go with it.

I put in the unit count total for you (two events, at the top of your main event sheet.) It includes both units in transit and units stored in the bases. The important thing is to remember that Construct processes the event sheet from top to bottom, so you can use stuff like 'add to variable', 'set text to variable', and 'set variable to 0' in the same tick. If you use a loop as well, then you can do something like 'add each private variable to global variable', 'set text to global variable', and 'set global variable to 0', resetting it so it'll add up again in the next tick.

The best thing about Construct is that implementing that concept is almost as easy as explaining how it works. Have a look at the events, and let me know if you have any trouble. :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:25 pm

oh wow, that solution was simple yet so elegant. thanks a bunch for the tips! :)

edit: I still can't get over the fact how simple that was... lol. I can find at least dozen other application for that condition+action combo!
B
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:59 am

Am I missing something? Is there source files somewhere for this project I can download? :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:45 am

Agreed. This should really be in the 'Help' section, as this section is for showing users examples or tutorials, unless that's your intention(?!) If so, feel free :)
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:43 am

Thanks for the links, I'll read them on my lunch break. I haven't heard much about whats coming.
B
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:29 am

I see no links or tutorial at all?????
B
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:39 am

B
S
G

Return to Your tutorials & example files