Post » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Animated the campfire, hehe

ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:06 pm

First draft of zombies and walk sequence:

Will probably change a lot but this if fine for now because I don't even know what I'm planning on doing since the zombie and grass are the same colors of green. Which one I'm going to change or if I will have dirt paths for them to walk on. Will figure it out as I go.

I also added formula for damage to zombies, which here is simplified version:

100%-1%-(35% x Distance*)+(25% x (AimSkill/10) x Distance*)
  • Start at 100% success rate
  • -1% No matter what condition always has 1% chance of missing
  • Ignore the right half after the + because AimSkill starts at zero. Will add leveling up later. (zero times anything is zero)
  • *Distance: will be between 0 and 1. 1 being edge of screen and 0 being right at player. Same formula used in the aiming function which was explained in previous post
  • Let's say distance is zero, you would be dead, but for example's sake, zero times 35% is zero so 99% success rate
  • Zombie is at edge of screen/at spawning location -> distance would equal 1. Therefore 100%-1%-35% = 64%. So 64% is the lowest success rate possible with current formula (will probably tweak for balancing later)
  • I actually flip it around and pass the miss percentage by taking 1 minus above formula

playerShoot formula passes two parameters
  1. Random number between 0 and 1
  2. The percentage chance of missing
:

After the animations, state variable, and such are changed the success rate will be compared to the random number. Four possible outcomes:
  1. Headshot: 5% chance all the time. For now, I want there always to be a chance of a headshot at any range. Above a 0.95 random number will cause instant death
  2. 1.5 Damage: Not always possible but this is when you would make a "good shot" or "critical hit". Determined by if your random number is twice the fail chance. So if you have only 30% fail rate, above 0.3 will hit but above 0.6 will do 1.5 times damage. If fail chance is above 50% then this wouldn't be possible.
  3. Regular damage: Obviously, if random number is higher than fail chance then it hits.

Damage number is stored in player instance variable so I can tweak easily and make it easy to add weapons with different damage. The zombie UID and amount of damage are passed to a function to deduct the health.

Next to do: blood particles and animating zombie death so shooting is more fulfilling!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:10 am

Have two zombie death animations done. Plan on doing at least one more. One is for headshot and other is slow death (for non-critical shots).

Need to do a lot more artwork and animations...
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:21 am

I like your concept and cant wait to play it on my device. I made a 2D style game thats similar but only in a 2D plane with enemies coming left and right. I also had a shop where you can buy upgraded guns to survive longer. You can try it out https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ghts&hl=en

Your game looks to have more depth though than mine. Your game is similar to swamp attack but I like your concept better because it makes more sense . I am glad you have gotten time to work on your project
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:05 pm

PixelPower wrote:I like your concept and cant wait to play it on my device. I made a 2D style game thats similar but only in a 2D plane with enemies coming left and right. I also had a shop where you can buy upgraded guns to survive longer. You can try it out https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ghts&hl=en

Your game looks to have more depth though than mine. Your game is similar to swamp attack but I like your concept better because it makes more sense . I am glad you have gotten time to work on your project

Thanks for the comment!

I appreciate the compliment of "more depth" but not sure I would go too far—I'm just in the beginning stages and don't have much yet!

I have an iphone, so there isn't a way to play your game? Haven't heard of swamp attack either.

I'm actually not certain what "depth" my game will go to. I keep thinking of new ideas for progression and such, keep going back and forth in my mind on which to follow. But right now, just trying to get the basics: the core gameplay and the basic art and animations required (art takes me a while!).

Thanks again!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:03 am

badmoodtaylor wrote:
PixelPower wrote:I like your concept and cant wait to play it on my device. I made a 2D style game thats similar but only in a 2D plane with enemies coming left and right. I also had a shop where you can buy upgraded guns to survive longer. You can try it out https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ghts&hl=en

Thanks for the comment!

I appreciate the compliment of "more depth" but not sure I would go too far—I'm just in the beginning stages and don't have much yet!

I have an iphone, so there isn't a way to play your game? Haven't heard of swamp attack either.

I'm actually not certain what "depth" my game will go to. I keep thinking of new ideas for progression and such, keep going back and forth in my mind on which to follow. But right now, just trying to get the basics: the core gameplay and the basic art and animations required (art takes me a while!).

Thanks again!

Yes when I said depth I meant your using a 2.5D plane which can allow more action and senerios then a regular 2D plane such as my game. Here is a video of my game

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z83nSsoFmFk

If you want to make money with AD revenue you need either a missions type screen or gun shop. I would go for a gun shop because it adds a layer of fun . With the 1st gun in my game you hardly last 10 seconds, but when you get second gun you last a bit longer. Until you get the final gun which makes the game easy enough to last 50 nights and see the ending. If you want I can upload the capx file so you can see how I did the money and shop system. I did it the simplest way I could think of .
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:47 pm

really nice graphics, the animated campfire is excellent
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:09 pm

nemezes wrote:really nice graphics, the animated campfire is excellent

Thanks!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:06 pm

PixelPower wrote:If you want to make money with AD revenue you need either a missions type screen or gun shop. I would go for a gun shop because it adds a layer of fun . With the 1st gun in my game you hardly last 10 seconds, but when you get second gun you last a bit longer. Until you get the final gun which makes the game easy enough to last 50 nights and see the ending. If you want I can upload the capx file so you can see how I did the money and shop system. I did it the simplest way I could think of .

Thanks, I will keep that in mind when designing the gameplay and different screens. I think I have an idea of a few things I can do...
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:07 pm

Still have been working on art, update:

Art not done, but think I need to work on some gameplay elements
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext