"Simulate Control" doesnt work

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:44 pm

soo my "player" has a "platform" behavior, and then i made a simple event.. where every 1 second.. my "player" will Press the jump button and left button at the same time using the simulate control event... but.. instead my player only jump.. and never moving left.. is this a bug ?
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Without a capx I don't know where the problem is. Maybe you haven't specified for how long the left button is pressed ...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Yeah ... Makes sense. Every 1 second, the up arrow key simulation will be pressed – a single press is enough for the player to jump. The same will happen to the left arrow key simulation – it will be pressed only for a short moment, so you cannot see any difference ...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:13 pm

grigrizljac wrote:Yeah ... Makes sense. Every 1 second, the up arrow key simulation will be pressed – a single press is enough for the player to jump. The same will happen to the left arrow key simulation – it will be pressed only for a short moment, so you cannot see any difference ...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:16 pm

grigrizljac wrote:
grigrizljac wrote:Yeah ... Makes sense. Every 1 second, the up arrow key simulation will be pressed – a single press is enough for the player to jump. The same will happen to the left arrow key simulation – it will be pressed only for a short moment, so you cannot see any difference ...

soo.. i need to make 2 different event for my player to automatically jump and move left ?
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:45 pm

@AnotherUser I would recommend putting your "move left" to an "every tick" condition. This will allow continual movement.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?