Simulate Control is not working

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Problem Description

For Player 1, I tried to make it so "B" is walking right, "C" is walking left, "V" is crouching, and "F" is jumping. Jumping and crouching works, but moving right and moving left doesn't. I used the "Simulate Control", but it seems as if it is just ignoring it and it only plays the animation.

Attach a Capx

mediafire.com

Description of Capx

The game I am creating is a fighting game called "Brink of Armageddon: Age of the Kaiju". It features giant monsters battling against each other.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• You use the arrow keys to navigate the menus.
    • When you have "VS Mode" selected, press the "X" key.
    • Then select "Multiplayer" (it is the only one that works right now) and press the "X" key.
    • Then press the "X" key on the first character icon on the player 1 character select screen (he is the only character that works right now).
    • Then press the "L" key on the first character icon on the player 2 character select screen.
    • Then press the "X" key on the first stage on the stage select screen (it is the only one that works right now).
    • Try to move right or left as player 1. Right is supposed to be "B" and left is supposed to be "C". But it doesn't work. He just stands idle in his walk animation.

Observed Result

He just stands idle in his walk animation.

Expected Result

I expected him to walk right with "B" and left with "C".

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10.

Construct 2 Version ID

Beta release r423

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing, please see the bug report guidelines. You need to provide a minimal .capx to prove there is a problem in Construct 2, otherwise with this many events it's most likely you just made a mistake in your events.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)