Simulating Collision Behaviour

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:56 pm

[QUOTE=LittleStain] I just replaced the last event with player is overlapping collisions and it still works.. [/QUOTE]

lol, figures

The last changes I made was making the direction based on the instance var ^_^    (it didnt work otherwise lol)
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Oh wow, thanks guys!

This certainly seems to work though now I'd have to figure out how to keep the Player from shaking.

My initial reason for doing the controls this way was to experiment but also I don't really like how the 8-dir movement works. I couldn't find a half decent way to keep it from feeling slightly slippery.
B

Post » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:51 pm

:D ur welcome

to stop the shaking, I think you should match the speed of the reverse to match the speed of the moving. Or simply disable moving all together.

your angle of direction is stored in a variable, in most cases, you simply have to refer to the angle like player.InstanceVarWithAngle instead of player.Angle.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:35 pm

.CAPX

I managed to reduce it a bit but it's still there.

I set it to disable movement if you are overlapping and enable it if you aren't and set it so it has to only move the Player 1 pixel out. I was messing with the various speeds but it seems like if I mess with them it just makes it so the Player goes deeper into the collision box even though the speed isn't represented in how fast you move.
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?