Sine CPU usage 45%

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
  • CPU usage goes up to 45% using one Sine behavior (i.e angle, or size) on 1 object.

Is that normal?

Any tips to lower it?

thaxs

• There's no way the sine behavior could possibly be responsible for using so much CPU. It may be the difference between nothing moving at all (so the engine stops rendering entirely, and basically sits idle), and actually rendering (when things are moving, and it's actually working to render the game every frame). Post a .capx if you think that doesn't explain it.

• CAPX

Tested on:

Opera 12.12

Windows 7 32bits

Safari 5.1.7

Windows XP

Safari 5.1.7

Windows 7 32 bits

• For me, your .capx is showing 1% cpu utilisation.

You should maybe check other browsers also, as AFAIK Safari for Windows is no longer being developed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • you get 1% on Opera or Safari?

Safari is from 2012, I'm not talking about this working on IE4 or even IE6.

• Tested on Firefox 20.0.1.

Safari hasn't been updated for over a year - that means it's way, way behind most other browser html5 implementation. I don't understand why you'd want to use it, but each to their own.

• Tested on Firefox 20.0.1.

I never mentioned having issues on Firefox.

Safari hasn't been updated for over a yearIncorrect, almost a year.

At least get your facts straight.

• To me, it's using 6-8% in Chrome, to be honest with you, you should try with Chrome or Firefox, these are guru browsers of HTML5 technology.

• it's probably the way safari is rendering the page. since the fps for me is at 45fps while chrome it's 60fps

• Can this be moved to bugs? Kyatric/Ashley/Tom

thx

• California, I believe this is not a bug on C2 itself, but on Safari, because if it's running well on Firefox, IE and Chrome, it's a Safari issue, so, if you think this is a bug, you should report it to the safari developers, and wait for an answer, because Scirra can't aid third party softwares.

• TELLES0808 I really believe Safari team don't give a "f###" about the bugs of Safari for Windows, Safari is well optimized for mac computers than windows.

• California, I believe this is not a bug on C2 itself, but on Safari, because if it's running well on Firefox, IE and Chrome, it's a Safari issue, so, if you think this is a bug, you should report it to the safari developers, and wait for an answer, because Scirra can't aid third party softwares.Also happens of Opera.

Can this be moved to bugs?

Thx

• Sorry if I am confused but isn't the bug forum for C2 bugs whereas this appears to be a bug in the browser which the Scirra folks can't fix. Wouldn't that be like adding a bug here that IE doesn't support webGL? Sorry if I am misunderstanding the point of logging a bug with these guys as opposed to with the Browser developers.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)