Site List: Graphic Artists

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:14 am

You're welcome, kenli. =) DravenX, I added your site and then decided to customize a couple Scirra badges to highlight our own community members.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:42 am

Thank you RandomExile:).
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:38 pm

Wow nice job RandomExile!

I think this list could be very usefull for alot of developers here on Scirra.com.. Again, nice job! :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:57 pm

You're welcome, DravenX, and thanks for the kind words, Knudsen. I'm going to start combing the Help Wanted forum for more active Scirra members, but it would help tremendously if people keep posting +requests or PM me.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks, Newt! I already had them on there, but please post on anything you come across!RandomExile2012-10-02 20:46:58
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Ahh, ok. Just saw danc tweeting it, so I posted it here.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:51 pm

Hello!

I'd suggest my site:
http://www.graphics4games.com
I hope you find it useful .. We can put in the category of fixed prices...
B

Post » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:03 am

@G4G Done!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:18 am

Howdy,

I'm new to actually making games, but I work as a professional illustrator, so I know a thing or two about making the art for them. Here are a list of sites that I use when looking for work, so if you want to hire an artist, I'd suggest putting a post up on these sites.

www.freelancer.com

Very huge pool of artists. It's world-wide, so you can get extremely cheap artwork from countries with kick-ass exchange rates if you don't mind the language issues. Clients leave feedback that all future clients can check out, so you can see if the artist sucks before hiring them. Sprite sheets go for cheap on here, mainly because a lot of artists in Malaysia and whatnot have tons of them stocked up. Make sure you specify if you want custom art, because a lot of "artists" on here are really clearing houses that buy up art from starving artists and then resell them.

www.elance.com

By far the best site I use. Very professional artists, the ability to make the jobs hourly or commission, and an escrow pay system that makes sure that neither you nor the artist can screw each other over. There are a ton of great international artists on here. Seriously, if you want to hire a great artist, this site has the most and has the best way to ensure everyone goes home happy. I do 80% of business here.

www.freelanced.com

This site is strictly a meeting site. No payment or mediating is done through here, that's between you and the artist. It's hit or miss here, really. As an artist I've been burned by clients and I've also heard of other clients being burned by artists. This is more like a step above DeviantArt but a step below the others.

www.oDesk.com

This one is a lot like Elance, only with more options for how you hire. I think it's a bit too complicated, but check it out anyways. It has a similar set-up to Elance in terms of pay methods and hourly/commission.

Also, if you are good enough at this game-making thing and you think you can do it good enough to get paid, Elance, Freelancer, and oDesk always have postings with clients looking for people to make browser, iOS, and Android games. So while you look for an artist, go ahead and look for work.
B

PreviousNext

Return to Job Offers and Team Requests