Site Stealing content from Scirra

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A set of vector game assets contains ground tiles and several objects, used for creating platformer games
  • Ashley It has come to my attention that this site is stealing content directly from scirra as displayed in the following image of my game.

No attribution or mention has been placed either.

http://igri.am/

http://igri.am/chocolate-hearts-eating-day/

• I guess it's allowed to embed games from the Arcade. ... Main reason why i never upload there...

• Yup, anyone can embed your game according to the terms and conditions of Scirra Arcade

• So I'm not making money out of a game that I meant to be free but anyone can make money out of the adds placed on their site where without my permission or even a mention they just happened to post the game that I made. That sounds awesome .., let me just go ahead and do that to every game on the arcade and see who else likes it ... :/ My point is... its wrong and broken.

• I believe offsite hosted games show a roll of Scirra related ads beforehand which helps pay for hosting of the game on the arcade. I'm assuming allowing for this is in the TOC of uploading to the Arcade, but yeah, maybe Scirra will want to have a look at changing it for the upcoming Arcade update since it's definitely weird to see your game hosted on tons of shady sites.

• Welcome to the wonderful world of browser based gaming.

• Either way since the arcade doesn't connect the forum account for some reason(maybe its broken) I don't recall if there is a way for me to remove it from the arcade at all or update it to the current version. I'd like it removed from there. I just don't like the idea of people using my car to sell hot-dogs on another city when its supposed to be at the parking lot ya know... it's that kind of feeling.

• We allow Arcade embeds with pre-roll C2 ads to support it, but the shady thing this site does is cover up the Scirra-shown ad with their own (fake?) loading bar. I think Tom is aware.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's...pretty shady.

Hope you guys can sort them out.

• is there away to have the game before it load to check that is loading somehow on the site domain approved by the game developer?

• Welcome to the wonderful world of browser based gaming.

I'm sure is possible to stop your game if someone do that...

I mean, is possible to make a script (in java) to see if the game is running in your website... if not, just do black screen, I think is possible to do in php too

• is there away to have the game before it load to check that is loading somehow on the site domain approved by the game developer?

Whilst I haven't tried this, here's a quick concept that'll redirect any stolen games and beat iframes, using Scirra's domain as an example.

I can't get the redirect to work in preview mode, but you could just as easily destroy groups of objects or make a pop up appear.

Happy Constructing.

• > is there away to have the game before it load to check that is loading somehow on the site domain approved by the game developer?

>

Whilst I haven't tried this, here's a quick concept that'll redirect any stolen games and beat iframes, using Scirra's domain as an example.

I can't get the redirect to work in preview mode, but you could just as easily destroy groups of objects or make a pop up appear.

Happy Constructing.

It works if you do like this:

Don't forget to add "On start of layout"! Otherwise it will just make lots of requests ... And your IP will be temporarily banned

• grigrizljac awesome!!!! now we're talking, i wonder since it is html5 if that code can be changed.....lol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)