SKI GAME

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:18 am

Hi Construct Experts,

I'm trying (and I mean TRYING) to make a simple ski game... but failing miserably... lol!

This simple touchscreen scroller has proven challenging for me and I'm either breaking it or spending too long on one thing!

issues:
1. player control - ideally, I would like player to move left/right - follow touch (but had issues trying to use touch.x / touch.y - so I created buttons instead.

2. SPEED control: - I've managed to control the scrolling background but getting the spawning tree's to behave at the same speed isn't working :(
* no touch - increase speed.
* Touch - decrease speed.

here is my capx http://robfreeman.co.uk/demo/skii.capx file.

I'd be grateful if an expert would provide some guidance as to how I fix this.

Regards,
Roberto
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:53 pm

I don't think you need an expert; just an extra pair of eyes :shock: (useful on any project). You can add an event to make the trees go at the right speed every tick:

:?: System: Every Tick
:arrow: tree: set angle -90
:arrow: tree: set bullet speed to speed

I noticed another problem, though. If you move to the side long enough and get enough speed, you can have a wall of trees appear along the bottom of the screen.
Eh, Steve!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi calebbennetts,

Thanks for your time and advice. It's an armature effort (I'm afraid)... the idea is to:
1. ski straight - speed increases
2. left or right - decreases speed and incoming trees.

not sure if Bullet is the right method for this as I've also tried TREE: self.Y = + speed * dt
but it doesn't seem to resolve it :(
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:01 am

But are you doing that every tick?
Eh, Steve!
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General