Skidding Animations

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
3 pixel charaters with over 8 animations each + animations with a gun
  • Hello, I'm making a game like Mario, and i want to know how to do a skid animation when, for example, when you pressing right and suddenly press left, Mario do the skidding animation, and when the animation finish, go to the left, i don't know how to do that, is there any answer to this?

(Sorry for my bad english )

• something like:

on left pressed

animation "right" is playing

play animation "skid"

You'd ofcourse have to make actions for what you want to happen when both right and left are pressed at the same time..

Which one is dominant at what time?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • LittleStain

[quote:doab8h6z]You'd ofcourse have to make actions for what you want to happen when both right and left are pressed at the same time..

How can this be achieved best?

• LittleStain

[quote:1h1imv5n]You'd ofcourse have to make actions for what you want to happen when both right and left are pressed at the same time..

How can this be achieved best?

I think that depends on what you want to happen..

I can't decide what's best for you..

• LittleStain

Uh.. you got me wrong! I meant: What is the best way to tell construct 2 to choose a specific direction when two buttons are pressed.

My problem was to make a vessel in a top down shooter simultaneously fly up and right. But the animation should stick with "fly up". Only when the player releases the up button the animation should turn right. So the controls are automatically provided by the 8-direction behaviour but the animations gave me something to think about since I took the wrong approach: I assumed I had to manipulate the 8-direction behaviour in some fancy way but the effect can be easily achived by using instance variables which are triggered by the combination and the release of the various buttons.

• LittleStain

Neat .capx! Thank you very much for sharing. It did not come to my mind to use the dictionary add on for tasks like this!

In case you still want to make a tutorial on this topic: The tutorials are back and new tutorials can be added again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)