skill stop

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:17 am

Hello everyone,

I have just got around to playing with Construct 2 as I want to try and realize a couple of ideas I have in mind.

I have searched the forums but can't see a post for this so here is my query;

I have a row of sprites that on a keyboard press, start to light up one after another like a skill stop feature on a fruit machine, how would I go about implementing a method to detect when the user has stopped on a particular sprite ?

Thankyou

bazzman90x
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:25 am

If I understand you correctly, I think you should read up on loops and timers, I'm new to C2 myself and still learning.

Good luck
B

Post » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:12 pm

Thanks for the response, and yes I am looking at the loops, I think I need a 'while' loop as in the loop will run while there is keyboard input.

Maybe I need to set variables to test when a sprite is lit?
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:06 pm

Can anyone else help with this?

How to have several sprites, 'light' up in sequence, i do this with every tick - set animation, for each sprite, but i have no idea how to capture when the space bar is pressed and have the sequence stop.

Any takers?
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:40 am

ok I'll make it easier

I have 2 sprites 'Yes' an 'No'

I want to know how to use construct 2 to simulate a skill stop for the above. When a key is pressed Yes and No light up alternatively, when another key is pressed, the alternating stops and whichever is lit at the time remains lit.

Can anyone help me on this?
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:06 pm

Is my question in the right place?
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:12 pm

You need to put your post in the Beginners section, plus I don't think you will get a response as you are too new.
B

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Not quite there but close. There is an error that I don't have time to get right at the moment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mc1zc43x2a6hmz5/stop%20the%20light.capx

the error is that you can stop it on light "0" ....
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:03 pm

RamPackWobble - YES thats it !!!! absolutely brilliant.

I' am an 'ideas' man, as in I come up with lots of ideas but have no programming knowledge, I will try to build on what you have generously helped me with.

I was looking to hire someone to help me realize some of my ideas but I want to see if they're viable before committing to anything.

Thanks again.
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:10 pm

August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?