Skins Addon (Plugins)

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a code so you can see the same skin on all screens (peers). Each peer gets a skin, in addition to 4 directions t
  • Skins Addon — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-plugins/skins-addon-4324

<h3>Skin it</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>Skin it is a pack containing a plugin and a behavior that will allow you to easily implement a skin system in your game.</p><h3>The plugin</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>A skin group is a global plugin that will contain every information about a set of skin. Each skin contains a number of subskin that you set up yourself.</p><p>You can have multiple skin groups for categorisation purposes, and each group is referred to with a tag that you need to set up in the skin group's parameters.</p><p>Each skin group allows you to get a random skin and a random subskin from a given skin.</p><h3>The behavior</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>The behavior will allow you to attach a skin to a sprite.</p><p>The default skin is whatever the sprite contains before the skin gets attached.</p>

• The skin group tag needs to be set as it can't be changed at runtime. It links the behavior to the appropriate skin group.
    • The skin and subskin tag are the skin values that will be used on start of layout.
    • Use default skin shall be set to Yes if you don't want the object to start with a skin.
    • Hide default skin means that the sprite will get set to invisible if a skin used, and visible if no skin is used.

<p>A sprite can hold multiple skin behaviors, each with its own properties. The skins, then get layered following the behavior order, from top to bottom.</p><p>A skin, as it is also a sprite, can hold a skin too.</p><h3>Use cases</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>In the demo, you will find a wearable equipment system.</p><p>You can also make a regular skin system where the character gets entirely replaced by new skins.</p><p>You can also make an NPC system where every NPC is the same sprite, but the visuals get replaced by a skin.</p><p>Skin it basically separates a sprite from its texture, making anything with dynamic texture relatively easy to set up.</p><p>The skins never need to be loaded as well. They only need to be stored in an object bank layout to have a model for creating them. You can also decide to use different resolution skins by resizing them in the object bank.</p>

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Skins Addon

• Works with mirroring. Thank you!

• Yes! It syncs the position, angle and mirrorring and flipping.

• is this useable in Construct 3?

• is this useable in Construct 3?

KaixaZero Yes it is!

• Can you make a little "step-by-step" guide? or video with example about how to:

1) Create simpe 2-3 skin NPC. Without animation. with animation, with frame

2) Create sets like in Wearable..

(if you have "not found tag - find in props of skinplugin tag field)

• ssllav I can try to but I won't have time to make a video at the moment. When I do, I will post it and notify you.

• > is this useable in Construct 3?

>

KaixaZero Yes it is!

For Construct 3 with Construct 2 Runtime or for Construct 3 with Construct 3 Runtime?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • With c2runtime. I haven't ported any of my plugins to c3runtime yet.

• I tried to setup a system so that when you click on a button(layout 1) it shoud put a skin that i added on a object that is on a layout 2, but it doesnt work.

Could you help me out please it is urgent. Thank you.

• Hi, I already replied to your email, but let me post my answer in here in case anyone else would want to know.

Hi,

You shouldn't do that because you can't run code from a given layout to change stuff on an instance that's on another layout. At least not like this.

Instead you'll need to use a global variable and set it to the skin name you want and on the other layout, on start, set the object to the skin you want it to have.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)