Sky/Limit (Beta)

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:25 am

[quote="PixelRebirth":2uyf7eql][quote="deadeye":2uyf7eql]You need slightly more time to react to the mines. They go off way to friggin fast imo. Or you could start them off slow in lower levels and make them quicker in higher ones. And give them some kind of visual clue as to how much time they have, like a number that counts down or a meter that ticks off notches or something.[/quote:2uyf7eql]

Not so sure about this. I like how the mines work right now. You come too close, see the light turn red and boom. Do you suggest making just the time longer they take to detonate or changing the range within mines detect the player too?[/quote:2uyf7eql]

I meant just extending the time a little. At least on early levels. You don't want to completely brutalize players right off the bat, let them get used to the mechanics before you ramp up the difficulty. Otherwise you risk them losing interest right away.

But then again maybe it's not necessary. I think most of my frustration over the mines was the aftermath of not being able to finish the level, and having to exit to restart (I didn't know about the Home key at that point either :P). If that part is addressed then the mines might not be so bad.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:26 pm

I just uploaded a new beta version(0.34), which includes some of deadeye's suggestions. You can now move the respawn arrow freely. :)

The main change would be the use of an encrypted level format, so it won't be too easy to cheat anymore. There's also a documentation file included, which explains the various gameplay elements and has a changelog too.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:43 am

I love the idea of the game.

Here's a few tips:
1) Check the hero's movements, you can make them smoother.
2) More level objects to interact with! The level design is good, but desperately needs MOAR!
3) Let me press a button and respawn when I want! The time limit is ok, but I have to wait.. Actually I just tried the one button, but yeah it did nothing...
4) Distance to when bombs blow. Sometimes I try to jump over them or something but they just explode right when I fall.. it's pretty annoying.

But I bet you had this in mind already =)siks2012-10-23 02:02:46
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:12 pm

I appreciate your suggestions, although you might have noticed that this thread is more than one year old and the game already dead in the water for quite some time.

Regarding 2): If you want more levels, just create them. The level editor is part of the game and can be selected in the main menu.

Thanks for trying the game still! Eventually it'll make a comeback in a different form some way down the road. In case that happens I'll be sure to remember your constructive remarks.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations