Slappy Burd 0.09 (POLISHED) UPDATED September 5th

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:34 am

@procrastinator,

Yeah, Google certainly makes you jump through some hoops when uploading an app. And Ludei's insistence on including every single permission that's ever been thought of, can be quite annoying. Although I think they've reduced that number in the latest build. Anyway it's all a part of life's great journey I guess! Wow that sounded pretty deep! ;)

Glad to see you've fixed the score issue! I've downloaded the game and rated it 5*

Now it's time to sit back and wait for the dosh to come rolling in! I read that Flappy Bird was coining 50k a day, at its peak. That would be nice huh :D
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:04 pm

needs the possibility to rearrange keys, or you should use other keys. "Z" and "Y" is always a bad idea to hard code as for some the "Z" is on the lower right (as I think yours is) but for others it is in the top row in the middle. Very hard to play this way.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:05 pm

1000000000000000/10 -IGN

Cool game xD
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:27 pm

@Blacksmith Yeah it's not only the hoops, it's the way they word things. Mostly my issues were with releasing a test version but could not for the life of me get that to work, so I just published it. Big risk, but thankfully there were no issues.. so far :}

I hadn't fixed the score issue by the time you posted. I'd been up 48 hours, so was tired by that point and didn't want to mess things up from my lack of sleep. Fixed now though :D

No dosh will roll in since it's a free app. But I have a few ideas for a premium version. Want to see how the free version takes off before I go ahead with that. 50k a day WOULD be nice! Hell I'd even be happy with 50k a year right now ;p

@Ubivis Yeah I could only arrange the keys according to the keyboard I have. I will update it so the player can customize their keys, but since this was really meant for mobile devices, that's quite a low priority. Thanks for the reminder though :)

@Wisdoms hahah glad you like and thanks for checking it out!
Last edited by procrastinator on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:15 pm

awesome idea, looks great...

but these controls are retarded. ^^
I don't know how your keyboard looks like, but i've got a swiss one.

But i guess the final version is not going to be on PC anyways :P

Whatever, cool stuff!

(i hate flappy birds, so i love to kick 'em xD)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:34 pm

@Ubivis
@Everade

Updated the controls for you foreign guys ;p Z is lower left for me.. soz I completely forgot about other keyboard layouts.. hope this one works better for you!

Everade, thanks man! Glad you also get a kick (pardon the pun) out of beating up that annoying birdie! Yeah the keyboard layout is retarded if you have to press Z in the middle of the top row! hahah Hopefully it's less retarded now ;p

Have updated the main post but here it is here to save yous going back to that page..

Slappy Burd Keyboard Update
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:40 pm

BTW, does anyone know why the number of downloads is showing for me on the Google Play store? I checked the page on my phone and it shows 0+ downloads, but I know for a fact at least 5 people have downloaded and played it. The number of downloads doesn't even show at all when the page is viewed on my desktop pc..
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:46 am

now it worked out better, old record was 30 with the old controls xD

slappyburd.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:13 pm

@Everade Damn you! You beat my best by 1 point! I can't be having that now! ;p In my defence, my best was on my samsung S3 which is a little harder :P
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:00 pm

pic or didn't happen xD
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests