Slightly Magic - Multiformat Release Today

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Mouse cursor is something that the player controls and sees all the time, that's why it is so important to make it cool!
  • Slightly Magic was a successful game I wrote in the 90s. If was very well received at the time:

‘Slightly Magic does what few other games do. It takes a garbage truck full of fun and makes daily deliveries!’

89% Sinclair User

‘The graphics and presentation are excellent too – full of colour and some nice bits of animation… All in all, Slightly Magic is, well, absolutely ‘magic” Your Sinclair 94%

Your Sinclair Readers Top 100 Games of All Time

I've reprogrammed it using Construct 2, the original graphics and remastered music. I used Construct to leverage it to as many platforms as possible, and today it's out on iOS, Android, PC, Mac and Linux. Please take a look, there are free versions available too on all formats.

http://slightlymagic.uk

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nice work

remember this from my childood

• Will check this out as soon as possible! I remember owning and loving the original on ZX Spectrum!

Did you decide on an OUYA version or not Colin?

• Thanks! OUYA version is good to go, in that it plays well on my console. I used crosswalk and xdk plus the Construct gamepad object. I can only detect all button presses or none, which is good enough for me, but who knows? I hope to get it out in the next week or so, but until it's all done and dusted it's still not definite.

• Great news today is that Slightly Magic PC and Mac editions are now available on US Amazon Indie Games Store for download.

Since I was set up on Amazon for iOS and Android I figured it was worth uploading the desktops too. I guess the game might look unusual to US audiences who aren't familiar with ZX Spectrum graphics, but nice to see it up there. Free versions too.

• Finally, a little late, but that's what happens when your Kickstarter fails, Slightly Magic is out today on OUYA (free and paid). Thank you, Construct 2!

• Nice work!

• Thanks, and it gets better- Slightly Magic is now on the OUYA featured games page!

For the final OUYA version I needed full control of the OUYA gamepad buttons, so I used cocoonJS for export. Since it's a remaster of an old 90s game I added some extras like a director's commentary and a selection screen for Allister Brimble's remastered music. I think the OUYA version might just be the best one.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)