Slow down platform max speed?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:16 am

Hi,I am a beginner in C2 and this is an awesome game engine in my game i have few enemies.I have added platform behaviors to them and disabled the default controls. Enemies are moving fine on the platform. Now i want to slow down the enemy speed when i press some key. I added an event to set platform maximum speed to -50. But when that event raised all the enemies stop their movements. It will not slow down the enemy. Need help Thank you
B

Post » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:29 am

Create a Global variable "PlatmaxSpeed"
Use this to assign your max speed(s)in the event sheets
To slow down System => Subtract (50) from PlatMaxSpeed
To return System => Add (50) to PlatMaxSpeed

There are 10 types of people in the World, those that understand binary and those who don't.
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:09 am

i have tried it.But it didn't work.It will stop the enemy movement.So i set initial state Disabled and added a global variable and set platform maximum speed to that variable when "On start of layout". But enemy is not moving. But when i set initial state enabled and run the game then enemy moves.
B

Post » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:53 pm

does anyone have an example?
B

Post » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:24 pm

I put this example together then re-read your question, so you actually might not need it to solve your problem. It contains 2 methods of how to limit the enemy max speed - one that uses a global variable and one that doesn't (there are probably others, like object variables, but the forum has plenty of other chat about this sort of thing):

capx

If you set enemy max speed to "Enemy.Platform.MaxSpeed - 50" then the platform max speed will reduce by 50 every tick. I think this is what caused your problem.Colludium2014-02-09 14:26:05
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:56 pm

Thanks for the example.I have tried it more than two days.I was stuck there.That is why i asked for help I am going to download newest version of C2 to check your example....Thank you very much
B

Post » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:12 pm

@hardrockz,

I'll edit the capx so it works with r158 - no need for you to run a beta version if you don't want to. Give me 5 mins.

The great thing about C2 isn't just that it's the easiest editing environment I've come across, it's the community that really makes it great.
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:47 pm

@Colludium
I have downloaded the beta version and your example works great Yes, I totally agree with you...The community of C2 is awesome. It gives great help to beginners like me..Thank you very very much
B

Return to How do I....?