Slow pathfinding

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:52 am

@Rhindon
The object following the path isn't set to rotate so it appears to sit and wait, like it's following and invisible object that did have to turn around.
And apparently setting the rotate speed up, makes the invisible object turn around quicker, so your object waits less.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:35 pm

@Paradox - Aaah, okay. I encountered that, too, and so I set the rotation speed to something up in the hundreds. LOL
I'm seeking Narnia. Who wants to come with me! Aslan is on the move!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:54 am

I have not really explained very well. So, I upload an example, to make it look easier.

I think this is wrong, I mean, it is too bad the effect of standing the character, before you let him move if not rotate.

Demo - http://www.mediafire.com/download/bb1zb491ammbglb/Demo.capx
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:40 am

episuarez wrote:In my tests with the pathfinding in a simple test with rotation enabled, the calculation seems very fast.

However, with the rotation turned off, the time you spend to rotate the sprite, it still used but not rotate the sprite. So it gives the feeling that the calculation is slower.

It has been over 2 years since this has been posted, but I absolutely still needed to register just to thank you for posting this.

THANK YOU!
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General