Slow Physics on Internet Explorer

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
A complete set of tiny sprites and tiles for your retro platformer game.
  • Hi,

I created a game, it runs smooth on Chrome, Firefox, iOS devices, Android devices, even on iPad2 Mini (big resolution to weak CPU ratio)...

But very slow on internet Explorer, the slow-down occurs when the game playing about 50-70 small (~20x20px) triangle physic objects.

Am I the only one to have that issue? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

• What version of IE? What's your OS? Have you tried on other computers?

Personally I have tried a few games with Edge on Windows 10 and they all run pretty good.

• To be honest, I cant reproduce it either, but our QA team found that bug and it happens only in IE.

So I have to ask because I have no clue what is the problem....

We both tested on 11.0.9600

• you should try to get an fps counter in there to see, by default the physics are not framerate independant.

• I got it!!!

I reproduced the bug!

It happenig only when the Intenet-Explorer Dev-Tool (F12) is running.

Look, I made a small demo with FPS monitors, one with dev tools opened one without...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • one way to "correct" the slowdown would be to change the stepping mode to be framerate independant, but it might completely ruin the game though, it's something to try out.

• That's expected.. it will also run slower if you run debug preview in C2. If you absolutely must have it opened while testing your game, just resize your game to a smaller window and it should run fine while still having the dev tool running.

• I've also noticed that if you detach the debugger, so it's in it's own window, it runs a bit better.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)