Slow Start and Exit with DirectX

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • I just had a question:

Does anyone else experience slowdown when using the DirectX mode? When I run an application it shows up immediately, but when I run anything using Directx mode it usually takes around 30-45 seconds for it to load and the mouse seems to freeze.

Does this happen to anyone else or is it something with my pc or DircectX?

PC Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 3.8 GHz

2 GB Ram

NVidea GeForce 7150M with 957 mb ram

DirectX 10

Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Thanks.

stephen1980

• I haven't heard anyone else report this problem. I think it might be a problem with your computer/DirectX version, rather than an issue with Construct. Best thing to do I think is update all your drivers (especially graphics card), install all software updates, check for viruses/adware, etc.

• Sounds like drivers to me, how strange..

• Thanks for the suggestions. I will go update all of my stuff and let you know what happens.

stephen1980

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have updated my video card and drivers, my directx, and updated all my software. No viruses on my pc. Other applications and games that use directx 9/10 load fast, but construct still takes 30+ sec to load and exit my apps when I click on run or build them then run.

Anyone have any ideas?

stephen1980

• I dunno, maybe defragment your hard drive? Construct does a bit of disk access when previewing. Apart from that I have no idea. Construct doesn't do anything particularly computationally expensive when previewing.

Is your application really huge? Even if it is, the first preview should cache a lot of stuff, then the later previews go a lot faster.

• Is your application really huge? Even if it is, the first preview should cache a lot of stuff, then the later previews go a lot faster.

No. Even if I just create a new directx app and run it, it takes upwards of 30+ seconds to open it. I can use other programs, like I said, so I don't know what the problem is. Sucks, because I really like Construct. I can't use it when this happens.

Maybe it's a Vista issue? Does anyone else use Vista and experience slow starts?

stephen1980

• Maybe it's a Vista issue? Does anyone else use Vista and experience slow starts?

No problems with Vista 32-bit Home Premium here.

Takes about 2-3 seconds for a large app to preview.

What about your firewall?

Maybe try it offline with your firewall disabled and see if that helps.

Sponge.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)