Small updates to prices of licenses coming next week

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Various Bell Sounds (from small to huge) / 35 Unique Clips / 2:46 minutes of audio
  • Hello everyone,

Just to let you know that we're updating the pricing of Construct 2 next week on the 22nd May to the following amounts:

Personal Edition

$119 USD to $129.99

€99 EUR to €99.99

£79 GBP to £79.99

Business Edition

$399 USD to $429.99

€329 EUR to €329.99

£259 GBP to £259.99

Business Edition Upgrade

$280 USD to $299.99

€230 EUR to €229.99

£180 GBP to £179.99

The main reason USD pricing is rising is because the USD -> GBP exchange rate since we set the price to $119 has dropped significantly. Currently a $119 USD sale gives us ~£70 GBP after fees from our payment processor which is almost a £10 less than what sell it for in GBP*

We hope you all understand the changes!

* Beware of buying in USD when your card/banks balance is not in USD, it may actually end up costing you more from bank fees.

• Fair enough!

• Being an Early Adopter has really paid off - there's no way in hell I could afford C2 if I wanted it now. Though the change does make sense, I just hadn't realized the price of a personal license has reached over 100 dollars.

• F**k the system make all prices to 129.99 $€£ for personal edition

btw. nice to hear that $ are dropping, USA gonna need to declare another war to get some more money

• i hope to christmass

but is normal, everything is rising in the entire world...

• I believe there is a solution for that.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think you should set the price in Euro and then convert it on the fly when someone decide to pay in dollars.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Honestly even the doubled price would be more than fair guys!

Your price policy is more than awsome!

• Maybe an idea for a payment plan? Seems like a lot of people wanna buy the software but can't afford the full amount at once. But if they get the possibility to spread the payments out like say over 4 months or so? Just a little balloon to think about

• I believe there is a solution for that.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think you should set the price in Euro and then convert it on the fly when someone decide to pay in dollars.

Makes sense yes but we prefer to keep the prices static as far as possible and pretty looking (nice round numbers) USD is our most popular currency as well.

• Maybe an idea for a payment plan? Seems like a lot of people wanna buy the software but can't afford the full amount at once. But if they get the possibility to spread the payments out like say over 4 months or so? Just a little balloon to think about

Interesting idea, it is possible but we're just not sure what the demand for something like that would be like as it would take a while to program in to offer as an option.

• > Maybe an idea for a payment plan? Seems like a lot of people wanna buy the software but can't afford the full amount at once. But if they get the possibility to spread the payments out like say over 4 months or so? Just a little balloon to think about

>

Interesting idea, it is possible but we're just not sure what the demand for something like that would be like as it would take a while to program in to offer as an option.

This would be wonderful for developing countries! Dollar may be losing it's value, but, at least here on Brazil, the real is even worst. I know a few people who would get a license if they could use a payment plan, or even a subscription option.

• One of these days I might make money with construct 2, if so I'll be more than happy to upgrade to the business licence, and pay with good 'ol North American green backs. As for now still learning and the personal license was worth the price for the debug ability alone.

• Looks like a sale anytime soon is out of the question?

Looks like I'll have to purchase it before the 22nd then. Been waiting since missing the last sale in January.

• So like 140 CND

• thanks for the transparency!

I really appreciate it, if companies tell their (future) customers stuff like this and give reason

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)