Smash Brothers Damage System

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:45 pm

This is for Azu, check the thread here: [url:ww3srhcn]http://www.scirra.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1382[/url:ww3srhcn]
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:20 am

Not knocking back.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:19 am

It does work, but the player goes above 800% before even being knocked off the left side of the platform. The friction of the floor seems to make it this imbalanced. Dividing the number by 50 instead of 200 is more familiar, but still imperfect, not particularly working as expected in all situations. I don't know. Could be headed in the right direction.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:25 am

Yes it needs refinement, but it was created to only be used as an example of how you could achieve knocking back, the only real part of the example is the one line of code where it knocks the player backwards. Everything else is just in there should I ever want to continue on with it, but I won't because as Vrav said, it doesn't work very well and the maths are pretty far off. Plus, I also encountered a weird bug where the player sprite did not register collisions anymore and instead I had to create an awkward collision mask for it. This is very buggy and the only part of it I suggest you look at is the knockback event.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Return to Your tutorials & example files