Snake not working

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:42 pm

Message: diegoalvess can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Problem Description
Snake does not work as it should. It is running only at the top of the layout. I'm using the behavior of Scroll To in my player.

sorry for bad english, I'm using google translator.

Attach a Capx
http://bit.ly/1qR51Yj

Description of Capx
Capx in this topic shows what is happening in my project. Snake not working.

behaviors used in the player:

8 directions
platform
Wrap
ScrollTo

Steps to Reproduce Bug
1 - when striking the enemy at the bottom of the layout nothing happens.

2- move the player and enemy to the top and repeat the process, will work

Observed Result
As the upper works and does not in any layout

Expected Result
I want the camera "shake" when striking the enemy, but it does not happen anywhere in the layout just above.

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (YES)
  • FireFox: (YES)
  • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 64 bits Ultimate

Construct 2 Version ID
Version : 167.2 - beta
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Your layout is too small for the shake to be visible. With the sprites in the middle of the screen, the screen can shake up/down only because the layout width is the same as the screen width. With the sprites moved to the bottom of the screen the layout cannot be shake up/down or left/right - so no shake is apparent. Not a bug, just understand what the shake behavior is doing....
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Colludium wrote:Your layout is too small for the shake to be visible. With the sprites in the middle of the screen, the screen can shake up/down only because the layout width is the same as the screen width. With the sprites moved to the bottom of the screen the layout cannot be shake up/down or left/right - so no shake is apparent. Not a bug, just understand what the shake behavior is doing....

What you said makes no sense. I did the same test on another project with the same size and layout of the canvas and continued the same error. And I repeat if it was only that he would have to work the bottom of the layout. And does not work.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Closing as not a bug: bounded scrolling is in use so there is nowhere for the shake to scroll to. Enable unbounded scrolling and it works.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 04, 2014 11:54 pm

Ashley wrote:Closing as not a bug: bounded scrolling is in use so there is nowhere for the shake to scroll to. Enable unbounded scrolling and it works.

I could not understand what you meant. Could alter the capx and show how you solved? Grateful.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 05, 2014 1:46 am

Read paragraph 3 of this page of the manual - Scroll To behavior.
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 06, 2014 8:45 pm

Message: diegoalvess can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Colludium wrote:Read paragraph 3 of this page of https://www.scirra.com/manual/102/scroll-to the manual - Scroll To behavior.

Problem Solved ! Thank you all <3
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs