Sneaky Ninja! [WIP]

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:38 am

Me too, I need a way to end my platformer level - Hmm, for you, just a few random ideas... they are probably all terrible
-a gong that you hit?
-some other ninja thing
-I just realised I know nothing about ninjas :O

OK, anyway, looks good, only in future make sure that you can't just run through the level.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:10 am

I do like the gong idea, but making a very loud noise is generally the complete opposite of what a ninja wants.

I'll keep it in mind though.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:17 am

Ha-ha I never thought of that!
Ah well I did not think it was a very good idea anyway - just sprang into my head ;) .
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:16 am

Maybe at the end of each stage the ninja reaches his target - walks into the house and you see a Silhouette of the assassination?

http://www.kungfu-daddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/samurai_fiction.jpg

Alternatively - dissapearing in a flash of smoke perhaps.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:00 pm

fantastic =D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:17 pm

WoW! Very good game. Can't wait for sound effects.
- Yellow glow-animation could be more transparent, less intensive.
- Ninja invisibility must be more easily recognizable. Like the ninja-"icon" coming out of the shadows or disappearing slowly as he is less seen by enemy

Bug: sneak closer to first samurai by holding S. Repeatedly stomp him or time stomp just once to get the ninja freeze and not move any more. F5
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:03 pm

I had so much fun playing it, there are some control problems but other then that, a++. I featured the game on indie-gamers.com with a more detailed preview. Cannot wait to play more of the game

http://www.indie-gamers.com/2012/02/game-in-progress-sneaky-ninja.html
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:24 am

Added a video-preview just because

Sneaky Ninja PreviewRikus2012-02-05 03:26:56
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:46 am

[QUOTE=GenkiGenga] Maybe at the end of each stage the ninja reaches his target - walks into the house and you see a Silhouette of the assassination?[/QUOTE]

While that might seem a bit out of place with the game's current style, it did give me an idea... There could be a special colored samurai at the end of the level that you have to "assassinate" as a goal. He'd be more difficult to get to than the other ones, probably with several normal samurai nearby for protection. I think that could work pretty well, what do you guys think?

[QUOTE=mercy]Feedback:
- Yellow glow-animation could be more transparent, less intensive.
- Ninja invisibility must be more easily recognizable. Like the ninja-"icon" coming out of the shadows or disappearing slowly as he is less seen by enemy[/QUOTE]

The yellow glow for the fire, you mean? It looks pretty transparent on my screen. I might include some various lighting options to account for screen differences like that. And yeah, I'll be changing up the invisibility icon, I'm not too happy with the way it works right now.

As for the bug you mentioned, I can't reproduce it but I have a pretty good idea what might cause it. Thanks for the heads up.

[QUOTE=Rikus] I had so much fun playing it, there are some control problems but other then that, a++. I featured the game on indie-gamers.com with a more detailed preview. Cannot wait to play more of the game [/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for the feature! I can already feel the pressure building up... I gotta put more time into getting this thing made!

Just curious, in that video you had to walk basically off the screen before it would start scrolling -- is that how it is for you when you play it, or only the way the video was taken? If it isn't just the video, well, that's a problem... it isn't supposed to work like that. SullyTheStrange2012-02-06 05:47:09
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:43 am

Hi, don't worry it was just the video. I had to zoom in a bit to capture the game smoothly
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations